May 25 to September 24, 2000
Sunday, September 24, 2000
Quincy Millikin preached today. He preached from the subject "Looking for the Answer." He said many people have questions, but Jesus is the answer. The church puppet team ministered today along with the youth choir and Tab Tots. They inspired us all. Brother Mitchell had to leave worship this morning. His mother-in-law, Mrs. Watson had to be rushed to the hospital. The Worthy Women met today. About 20 women listened to a presentation on the gifts of the spirit.
Friday, September 22, 2000
Sister Lucille Richards was hospitalized today. She is being tested at St. Francis. The church community is praying for her.
Wednesday, September 20, 2000
- The annniversary committee met at 5:30 P.M. to talk about final preparations for the Church Homecoming/ Anniversary. In attendance were: Sadie Cornelius, Doris Welch, and Barbara Reed.
- The Circle of the Chosen met at 6:00 P.M. with Sister Namoi Seals, Circle Leader, assisted by Sister Ruby Brown were in charge. . In attendance were 24 youth.
- The Tab-Tots met at 6:00 P.M. with Debra Ratcliff, and Brian Coleman for a short rehersal for Sunday. In attendance were 15 young children.
- Bible Study was taught by Minister William Smith, from the topic "Be An Example". In attendance were: Pamela Tanzy, Robert Tanzy, Sr., Mildred James, Bobbie Smith, Brenda Ford, Barbara Reed, William Broadway Smith, Shari Martin Wheatley, JoElla Williams, Jackie Johnson,Floyd Brothers, Ramona Robinson, Lanore Williams, Brenda Sims, Brian Reed, Trinity Reed, Harolyn Hall, and James Ratcliff.
- The Pastor and First Lady traveled to Denver to check on the Top Gun Troop 65 bus that was being repaired.
Sunday, September 17, 2000
- Pastor Wright, brought the sermon from the topic "Faith For The Fight". a very powerful and inspirational message. Marcus Allen was baptized also.
- Christian Education classes started from 5:00-P.M.-7:30 P.M. The classes being offered are "The Old Testament" instructor Pastor Roosevelt Wright, Jr., and "How To Read and Study The Bible" instructor Minister Robert Tanzy, Sr. We also have a class for our children ages 0-11 year old taught by Sister Joslyn Wright, and Sister Lanore Wiiliams.
September 16, 2000
- Despite the fire that destroyed some of parts of Homeless Shelter our feeding ministry continued. Sister Sadie Cornelius, Sister Doris Welch, Brother Ceasar Clark, along with three older Boy Scouts went out to distribute the food. On the menu were sandwiches, snack cakes, and sodas.
- The Boy Scouts had a community service project to do . The scouts were paired off in groups with the older scouts as leaders were given a location to clean. They did a marvelous job. The adult charepones for this event were: Roosevelt Wright, Jr., Robert Tanzy, Sr., Fred Mitchell and Lanore Williams.
- The Tab-Tots along with Debra Ratcliff as chairpeson, Pastor Wright and parents gathered at 2:00 P.M. to met the new Tab-Tot director. We want to welcome "Brian Wilson".
- The Puppet Ministry performed at 7:00 P.M. at Mt. Zion Methodist Church in Bastrop, La. Our children did a beautiful job. On the Puppet Ministry were: Marcus Allen, Katrina Patterson, James Ratclif , Jr., Donecia Ratcliff, Shalivir Christopher, Brandon Pollard, Quniton Snowden, and Tony Hicks. The Adult charepones were: Pastor Roosevelt Wright, Naomi Seals, Ruby Brown, Lanore Williams, and Connie Snowden.
September 15, 2000
- Pastor Wright, along with 54 new boys met for their 2nd annual "Boot Camp" at Tabernacle Baptist Church at 7:00 P.M. The areas covered were Rules and Regulations on becoming a scout. They had chicken, french fries, biscuits, and sodas. The adult charperones were: Fred Mitchell, Robert Tanzy, Sr., Joslyn Wright, and Qunicy Millkkin.
September 14, 2000
- The Puppet Ministry met at 6:00 P.M. for a final practice for their performance in Bastrop, La. for September 16, 2000
September 6, 2000
- Bible study tonight was taught by Minister William Smith. In attendance were: Fred Mitchell, Sherri Martin Wheatley, Bobbie Smith, Shelby Smith, William Smith, Johnathan Smith, Maurice Mitchell, Nanette Brothers, Janie Reed, Barbara Reed, Cesar Clark, Floyd Brothers, Roosevelt Wright, Jr., Brenda Ford, Brian Reed, Briannica Reed, Trinity Reed, Deshantra Reed, Harolyn Hall, John Hall, Jr., Jessica Hall, Jasmine Hall, and James Ratcliff.
- We offered prayer for our sick and shut in. Added to the prayer list were Sister Jackie Johnson, one of our secret Partnered Family members, and the mother of Sister Jeanette Mitchell.
- Mid-Week Service was conducted by Minister Jacques Hall she talked from the topic �Clean Out Your Ears�. She brought out some good points.
Thursday, September 14, 2000
The Girl Scouts Silver of the Waters Council had it's first meeting at 6:00 P.M. at Tabernacle Baptist Church with Zakiya Kyles as chairperson. In attendance were: Yolanda Scott, Talissha Robinson, Harolyn Hall, Betty Beckwith, Monique Beckwith, Brenda Kyles, Brenda Ford, and Roosevelt Wright, Jr.
September 13, 2000
- Bible study was taught by Minister William Smith from the topic, "Be Faithful". In attendance were: Shelby Smith, Bobbie Smith, Johnathan Smith, Sheeri Martin Wheatley, William Smith, Brenda Ford, Carolyn Washington, Briannica Reed, Naomi Seal, Flody Brothers, Robert Tanzy, Sr., Robert Tanzy , Jr., Pamela Tanzy, Lanore Williams, Debra Ratcliff, DeShantra Reed, Trinity Reed, John Hall, Jr., Jessicia Hall, Jasmine Hall, James Ratcliff,., and James Ratcliff.
September 12, 2000
- The Pastor, along with 40 new memebers, attended the City Council meeting at City Hall. It was very intersting for most of the m . The majority of the boys were from Madison Foster Elementary. Afterward they went to Ce-Ce Pizza. The adult charperone was Brother Fred Mitchell.
September 10, 2000
- Pastor Wright brought the sermon from the topic, "Faith for the Lion's Den" a very encouraging message. We also honored our Grandparents at service for a job well done.
September 9, 2000
- In the absence of our chairperson Sister Jackie Johnson who is sick. The persons that ministered to our Sister and Brothers in Christ at The Homeless Shelter were: Sister Pamela Tanzy, Sister Lanore Williams, Brother Robert Tanzy, Sr., Brother Robert Tanzy, Jr., and Brother Caesar Clark. The menu was sandwiches, chips, and a soda. We always have a blessed time doing the work of the Lord.
September 8, 2000
- The Senior Usher board meeting was at 6:00P.M. today, with President Mary Taylor in charge. In attendance were: Sister Pamela Tanzy, Sister Vansessa Evans and Sister Lanore Williams
- Pastor Wright along with 54 Boy Scouts held it annual "Boot Camp" at the Church. The older scouts taught classes on the different rules and regulation on becoming a Boy Scout. The adult chaperon were: Fred Mitchell, Robert Tanzy, Sr., and Quincy Millikin.
September 5, 2000
- The Puppet Ministry practice again at 6:00 P.M. with Pastor Wright and Sister Seals in charge.
September 4, 2000
- The Puppet Ministry practice at 6:00 P.M. for a performance that they will be doing in Bastrop, La.
September 3, 2000
- Pastor Wright brought the sermon from the topic �How To Stay Cool In A Hot Situation.�It was a very inspirational message. It blessed a lot of souls We had one person to unite with us under watch care her name was Sister Gloria Young.
August 31- September 1, 2000
- Pastor Wright, along with 16 Boy Scouts,4 Explores, and 4 Adults, spent a hot fun filled day of riding different rides and just having fun at Six Flags in Arlington, Texas.
Sunday, August 27, 2000
Miss Faith Jenkins, Miss Louisiana,was the special guest speaker at our worship service today. She was very dynamic as she urged our youth to hold on to their dreams.
The church was filled with young people today as the annual Back to School Retreat concluded. Sister Renita Bryant thanked everyone for special help given for this year's retreat.
Sister Brenda Kyles presented a $100 present to Mrs. Catherine Jackson on behalf of two of her children, in memory of Uganda Rhodesia Kyles. Sister Kyles said her daughter, who died last year, enjoyed working with small children. She said each year at the conclusion of the retreat the Kyles family would make the contribution to a family with small children, in memory of Uganda.
The church youth choir was directed today by Daddy Ro who came from Shreveport to help out.
Saturday, August 26, 2000
The Youth Retreat began today at Camp Chi-Yo-Ca. There are about 150 participants at this year's retreat.
The Homeless ministry continues today. Sister Jackie Johnson, chairperson of the homeless ministry, works diligently to keep the shelter operating everyday. A faithful core of our members are beginning to surface who regularly volunteer to help at the homeless shelter. God is using them to help the poor and the needy. He will bless them for the sacrifices too.
Thursday, August 24, 2000
The church puppet team practiced tonight. They prepared a new routine for the retreat Saturday. Team members for Saturday will be Marcus Allen (Team Leader), Katrina Patterson, Donecia Ratcliff, Shalivia Christopher, James Ratcliff and Adrien Bass.
Wednesday, August 23, 2000
Bible Study was taught tonight by Brother William Smith from Philemon 4-21. There were about 15 members present at the bible study, including Pastor Wright.
Tuesday, August 22, 2000
Sister Viola Hill was rushed to the hospital today. She suffered a light stroke. She was taken to North Monroe hospital. Sister Hill is a mother of the church. She has been housebound for about 10 years after her legs were amputated. However, she keeps abreast of all church activities and supports the church financially and watches the Sunday night broadcast religiously.
Sunday, August 20, 2000
The baptism of Valentae LeJune Lawson was held today. Pastor Wright preached from the subject "Get what you need and be pleased!"
Deacons Mitchell and Brothers and their wives visited our shut ins after service today.
Thursday, August 17, 2000
Betty Foy died today. She had been ill. Smith Funeral home has her body. Arrangements are incomplete. She is the mother of Lisa, Gail and Mark Foy.
Wednesday, August 16, 2000
Minister William Smith taught the Bible Study on the topic "Focus on Christ's Will." In attendance were Jacques Hall, Maria Hall, JoElla Williams, Bobbie Smith, Nanette Brothers, Rene Broadnax, Stephanie Broadnax, Anthony Brothers, Floyd Brothers, Fred Mitchell, James Ratcliff, Barbara Reed, Natalie Williams, Melanie Williams, Jeanette Mitchell, Pamela Tanzy, Robert Tanzy, Sr, Robert Tanzy, Jr., Naomi Seals, Lanore Williams, Jackie Johnson, and Chris Wade.
Tuesday, August 15, 2000
Several members gathered together to assemble hygiene packs for the homeless shelter. The packs contained women's and men's personal items. Helping were: Lanore Williams, Jackie Johnson, Rhonda Zimmerman, Harolyn Hall, Jessica Hall, Jasmine Hall, John Hall, Jr..
Sunday, August 13, 2000
Pastor Wright was out of town today. Our services were conducted by Brother Robert Tanzy. He brought an inspiring mesage on the subject of "Knowing Your Enemy, the Devil."
Pastor Wright and Deacon Mitchell returned this evening.. They went to Colorado to check on repairs to the Tab-N-Action Highway bus.
Saturday, August 12, 2000
Families that are scheduled to work at the Homeless shelter today include: Joyanease Gill and Monique Reese, Jackie Johnson, and Lanore Williams, They prepared hotdogs, chips, cookies and a soda.
Friday, August 11, 2000
The Senior Usher Board met tonight at 6 p.m. Our President, Sister Mary Taylor chaired the meeting. It was very inspirational. In attendance were: Mary Taylor, Jeanette Mitchell, Pamela Tanzy, Jackie Johnson, Dorothy Johnson, Alma Leonard Moore and Lanore Williams.
Thursday, August 10, 2000
The Church Anniversary committee met today at 6 p.m. to make plans for the church anniversary in October. Each adult member is asked for $300 (Half in July and Half in October). Plans to involved everyone are being made.
Wednesday, August 9, 2000
Brother William Smith taught the Bible Class on the subject of The Fullness of Life"
Monday, August 7, 2000
Renita Bryant met with the Youth Retreat Committee tonight. They are making plans for the upcoming VBS-Youth Retreat.
Sunday, August 6, 2000
The spirit was high in our worship today. Our choir, pastor and deacons seemed to be on fire. Sister Pamela Tanzy led us in a highly spirited altar prayer. We were moved by touching testimonies from several of our youth in the aftermath of the Youth Encampment. Testimonies were given by: Niki Broadnax, Natalie Williams, Jessica Hall, Joanathan Smith and Christopher Wade. Pastor Wright preached from the subject, "Angels Watching Over Me!"
Saturday, August 5, 2000
Sister Willie B. McGinnis and Sandra Frank ministered at the Homeless Shelter today. The menu was hot dogs, chips, cookies and sodas. They enjoyed the day talking and fellowshiping with our sisters and brothers in Christ.
Friday, August 4, 2000
Our members returned from the Youth Encampment today. They appeared tired. They had a great time in the Lord.
Sunday, July 23, 2000
Today, pastor Wright preached "Whoa!" today. Many of our members were dressed casual because of the heat. Brother and Sister Love were in service today, along with little Preston, Jr. Dr. Ava Pierce was also in town today for worship. Congratulations to Mario Martin who completed his fire department training this week.
Thursday, July 20, 2000
Today our scouts returned from their summer trip. They were all in good shape after their 16 day adventure through Oklahoma, Nebraska, Colorado and Wyoming.
Sunday, June 25, 2000
Pastor Wright preached, "Can any good thing come out of Nazareth?" today. The Sunday School presented Deacon Abe Pierce with a plaque for his service to the city and to the church.
Saturday, June 24, 2000
About 20 members of our Boy Scout Troop traveled to Shreveport today to participate in a youth rally that featured many NFL football stars. They were assisted by Deacon and Mrs. Mitchell.
Monday, June 19, 2000
Joslyn Wright, Daddy Ro, Kita Wright and Pastor Wright
Kita Wright graduated from Dallas Institute of Art today. Pastor and Sister Wright flew to Dallas for the graduation. Other members, including the James Family and Sister Brenda Kyles were on hand.
Our messengers to the National Congress of Christian Education arrived in Houston today. They included Shalivia Christopher, Melanie Williams, Jere Williams, Katrina Patterson and Loren Dawkins, Floyd Brothers, Nanette Brothers, and Lonore Williams.
Sunday, June 18, 2000
The James family is happy today. Debra James gave birth to a bouncing baby boy, born at 1:15pm today to Mr. Elvia White and Ms. Debra James. The weight at time of birth was 5lbs. & 10oz., and was given the biblical name of "Joshua (Josh) Noah White". Both mother and son are doing fine in Dallas Texas
Sunday, June 11, 2000
Sandra Frank, our youth leader, sent the following message today:"Greetings from Edinburgh, Scotland. It is absolutely beautiful here. I am having a great time! I don't have much time, you have to find a cafe or something to use the internet, and then it cost, not much though. 15 minutes is .75. But I wanted to say hi, and I will be e-mailing you guys soon. Thanks for your prayers. Chat with you later."
Sunday, June 4, 2000
Pastor Wright preached "When does life begin?" for the graduates. Each graduate was presented with biographies. In addition they were presented with many gifts and donations from the congregation. There was reception after the worship service.
Saturday, June 3, 2000
The parents of the graduates came to the church tonight to decorate tables for their children. Each graduate has a table featuring the achievements of their children. At about 11 p.m. tonight the last one left.
Mrs. Shirley Sapp had her music recital today. Little Robert Tanzy and Christina Hall both played selections in the recital.
Many of the graduates of the class of 2000 helped serve the homeless today at the Tab-N-Action Homeless Shelter today. They enjoyed themselves and pledged to return
The funeral of John Murray Evans's mother was held today at the Sweet Lily Primitive Baptist Church in Marion. She was eulogized as a great cook, fine church woman and mother. Several deacons, the Williams family, the Davis Family, and pastor Wright, shared with the Evans family.
Thursday, June 1, 2000
The deacons heard a presentation today from Earnest Mills of Paul and Associates. Ideas were presented about possible building plans.
The Circle of the Chosen met today.
Wednesday, May 31, 2000
Pastor Wright taught the bible lesson tonight. Our class of 2000 graduates were present. Pastor Wright encouraged them to be careful as they move into the nex stage of their lives. Prayers were offered for the Evans family and Bennie Wilkerson.
A teenager who stole a car, while fleeing from the police, abandoned the stolen car while it was running. The car ran into the living room of Sister Joyanease Gill. No one was hurt, but the car was an unexpected guest. One of the teenaged suspects is believed to be about 12 years old.
Tuesday, May 30, 2000
Typing classes began today for youth participants in the Tab-N-Action Sav-Our-Youth Jobs Skills Workshop. Thirty four youth are being taught computer keyboarding skills in the Tab-N-Action computer lab. The sessions are being instructed by Derek Addison. The youth come in shifts of eight for 90 minute sessions. They learn fast.
Our deacon board met tonight and reviewed plans for the planned church expansion. They were preparing for a meeting Thursday with an architectual firm from Tyler Texas which wants to make a pitch for the church's contract. They also approved plans for the church bill board promotion as offered by Sister Patricia Blunt.
Monday, May 29, 2000
Our members returned from Biloxi tonight. It was a fun trip. Everyone had fun and a great fellowship.
Sunday, May 28, 2000
Today, our worship service began at 8 a.m. It was an inspirational service. Brother Robert Tanzy taught the Sunday School lesson. Pastor Wright preached from the subject, "Life is like a peanut butter sandwich, it's hard to swallow without a little jelly!" Following the one hour service about 100 of our members loaded up on buses and vans enroute to Biloxi Mississippi for the family weekend on the beach.
Funeral services were held today for Wallace Bealin, the brother of Bennie Bealin Wilkerson. The service was held at the Miller Funeral Home Chapel at 11 a.m.
Prayer was offereed today for Brother John Evans whose father passed.
Our members made it safely to Biloxi today. They all checked in at the Hampton Hotel. They spent the evening dining, resting and the kids in enjoyed the swimming pool.
Saturday, May 27, 2000
Our Circle of the Chosen participated in the May competitions at the New Light Baptist Church. all of our teams did well. There was great praise for young Arielle Minor who shot a two point basket in the basketball game though guarded by several large defenders. The youth had a great experience
Friday, May 26,2000
Scouts took a hike this evening. They are preparing for their long journey in July to Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming. Lanore Williams, Joslyn Wright, Roosevelt Wright and Earnest Potter were the adults in the group.
Thursday, May 25, 2000
The pastor and deacons met today. They watched a tape previewing the services offered by a Tyler Texas architectural firm concerning our future expansion plans.
The Vacation Bible School committee met this evening at Catfish Cabin. They made plans for VBS which will focus on the theme "Jesus Around The World." Unlike previous years, the VBS will write its own program this year. Dr. Ford, VBS director, and committee members left the meeting excited about the fun ways they could present the theme in VBS.
Wednesday, May 24, 2000
Pastor Wright taught the bible study tonight. There was good attendance.
The Circle of the Chosen has been meeting every day this week. The youth are having fun, practicing, memorizing scripture and preparing for the VBS tournaments.
Stephanie Love gave birth to a son yesterday. The church offered a prayer of thanks for the Love family which is growing. The baby is named, Preston Ray Love, III He weighed 7 lbs & 7 ounces, 19 1/2 It was a tough delivery and she had to get 50
stitches, but she will be just fine. When young brother love came out of the womb the first words that were ever spoken to him came from the lips of his father, " come into this world achieving, come into this world believing(in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!!!"
Enter your text here.
- 810 Breard Street
- P.O. Box 9063